Course Approval for CEU Providers
All continuing education providers seeking APTA SC approval for their courses must submit their application and payments through CEU Locker. The CEU Locker is a cloud-based, centralized system used by multiple APTA state chapters to manage, review, and approve continuing education application.
YOU CAN GET STARTED BY CREATING A CEU PROVIDER ACCOUNT HERE .
- Please allow one month for your continuing education application to be reviewed. Incomplete or missing information will result in a delay in the review process.
Course Approval Fees in SC:
- $150/per Course Application, renewable each year
Application Requirements for APTA SC:
The following information is required for all APTA South Carolina continuing education course applications. This information can be submitted by manual entry into CEU Locker system and/or by uploading a single PDF file. A course brochure or flyer can be submitted if it contains any of the information below.
- Contact name and organization
- Telephone/ Fax / Email
- Course title, date(s), location(s), and instructor(s)
- Number of contact hours requested
- Instructional method – webinar, online, lecture, and/or lab
- Level of course – basic, intermediate, advanced
- Target audience – PT, PTA, other allied health professionals
- The teacher: student ratio for in-person courses
- Number of instructors: Maximum number of participants permitted to take the course
- Focus area of the course:
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary
- Clinical Electrophysiology
- Medical Billing/Coding and Policy
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Wheelchair Seating and Mobility
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care
- Other: ____________
- Course objectives
- Consider Bloom’s Taxonomy when developing measurable and behavioral course objectives.
- Statement designating how this course relates to the practice of physical therapy
- Statement of means/method for participants to demonstrate what they have learned
- A course schedule/outline that includes all breaks, course topics, and time spent on each topic
- Example 1:
- 8:00 – 8:30 Registration
- 8:30 – 9:45 Anatomy of the foot
- 9:45 – 10:00 Break
- Example 2:
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- Anatomy of the foot (35 minutes)
- Example 1:
- Course evaluation forms
- Bibliography including five (5) citations from peer reviewed journals in the past ten (10) years. If the instructor(s) are using their own research, they must include an additional peer reviewed journal article(s) to supplement their contribution per included article.
- Please highlight/bold the five (5) or place them at the beginning of your bibliography.
- Current, dated curriculum vitae or resume for each instructor. A brief bio will not be accepted.
- Conflict of interest/bias disclosure for each instructor