Political Action Committee
APTA South Carolina PAC is the sole fundraising body that works to support efforts that champion physical therapy legislative and regulatory interests in South Carolina. The PAC also works to encourage input and participation by its members in the political process.
The APTA South Carolina PAC should not be confused with APTA’s PT-PAC, the national political action committee that is devoted to championing PT issues at the federal level with members of the U.S. Congress. Donations to APTA South Carolina PAC go toward promoting the physical therapy profession here in the Palmetto state!
Ways You Can Make a Difference:
1. Make a Donation
APTA South Carolina PAC accepts contributions from individuals, groups, and companies under the guidance of applicable state and local laws. Contributions to the APTA SC PAC are NOT tax deductible and go directly toward advancing the practice of physical therapy in South Carolina.
One Time Donation
2. Get Involved:
- Host a Fundraiser Event
- Fundraisers are an important opportunity to build your relationship with your statehouse representative, state senator, and their staff. It takes time, effort, and work by many individuals to have a successful fundraiser. Click above for some tools to help facilitate a fundraiser in your state.
- Become An Active Leader
- Become a Member of APTA South Carolina’s Political Action Committee
- Be A Key Contact
- Build A Relationship with Your State Legislator by
- Attending or conducting a Meeting
- Corresponding in a letter, email, social media, or phone
- Know Your State Issues and Legislators
- Visit the South Carolina Legislature webpage at http://www.scstatehouse.gov
For questions or if you are interested in making a difference, email the Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.