Membership Benefits for Employers
As an employer or supervisor, you set the standard for care in your facility. You may also supervise employees, manage budgets, purchase new equipment, oversee facility maintenance - and you haven't even had your first cup of coffee. Managing a health care facility is a demanding job, but APTA can help. Sponsoring membership for your staff will:
- Reduce the need for billing and documentation supervision
- Improve recruitment of new employees and retention of current ones
- Attract clients seeking professional treatment and care
- Decrease your facility's professional development and continuing education expenses
- Ensure your patients receive the highest quality of care
Reduce the need for billing and documentation supervision.
APTA provides our members with the knowledge to succeed in today's age of managed care.
- The Medicare Fee Calculator easily calculates accurate Medicare payment by locality.
- The "Defensible Documentation for Patient/Client Management" resource includes guidelines, samples, setting-specific tips, and more.
- APTA staff experts are available to quickly and clearly answer the most complicated questions regarding payment.
- Podcasts, publications, and e-mail updates provide timely information on changes to billing and coding.
Improve recruitment of new employees and retention of current ones.
Providing membership demonstrates your commitment to professional development and career enhancement.
- Special-interest sections provide information and connections to build unique skill sets.
- Promote professional awareness and involvement through subscriptions to Physical Therapy (PTJ), PT in Motion, and PT in Motion: News Now.
- Empower your clinicians and your patients through our many state and federal advocacy resources.
Attract clients seeking professional treatment and care.
Health care consumers are more likely to find your facility and seek out your staff.
- Notice increased referrals for your facility as your staff builds connections through APTA events.
- The Facility Challenge lets patients know that your facility is committed to the highest quality of health care.
- The Find a PT database connects health care consumers with PTs according to location, practice area and focus, and more.
- Help your patients become knowledgeable about how physical therapists can help them - then enable their activism through the Patient Action Center.
Decrease your facility's professional development and continuing education expenses.
Provide knowledge and education that benefit your facility and staff - and save money in the process.
- The Learning Center provides members with more than $800 in free continuing education - including a variety of practice settings for both PTs and PTAs.
- Members receive a 40% discount on registration fees for all CEU opportunities - section members receive even greater discounts on CSM registration.
- Let your staff earn free continuing education credits by serving as a credentialed clinical instructor or by contributing to Hooked on Evidence.
Ensure your patients receive the highest quality of care.
Help your employees provide the highest quality care by providing them with the highest quality resources.
- Open Door provides instant access to full-text articles in more than 1,000 health care periodicals.
- APTA staff experts are available to quickly and clearly answer the most complicated questions regarding practice.
- Online communities connect your staff with PTs and PTAs across the country.
- The online Guide to PT Practice is free for members and features enhanced functionality.